PUREGOLD ONLINE GROCERY PLATFORMS (WEB and MOBILE)
Puregold Price Club Inc. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the online grocery platforms (website and the mobile application) – PUREGOLD MOBILE also known as SALLY (Shopping Ally). We know how important your information is to you, thus, we want you to know that you can trust us on protecting it by complying on the guidelines under the Data Privacy Act (DPA) of 2012.
This page informs you how we collect, use, share and delete your information when you use our products and services.
Collection and Use of Information
Your full name, date of birth, addresses, mobile numbers, email address, gender, photo, age, income brackets, occupation, username and password are collected for the following primary and secondary purposes:
Primary purposes includes:
- Creation of user account – to be able to use the application and its features
- To validate the user’s identity when using our products and services
- To allow the user to participate in interactive features of the application
- To provide customer care and support
While secondary purposes includes:
- To notify the user about changes and enhancements of the application; and,
- To send the user with personalized advertisements, gifts, freebies, rewards and other kinds of advertisements and/or promotional offers similar to the foregoing, from the Sally App, and our affiliates and partners
We collect these information through our digital application form in the application and by asking the user’s consent for camera use, media storage, device and app history, connection information and media files. This happens during your registration to our application, completion of your profile with us and availing our products and services. The collected information are stored in the Cloud server which is only accessible by the assigned and authorized IT Puregold personnel.
In the event that you are located outside the Philippines, through using the application, you are hereby willingly and voluntarily provide the information with the full knowledge that these information is to be transferred from your location to the Puregold, Philippines. The information is to be processed there for the completion of the services and products that you availed.
Your agreement to that transfer requires you to abide to the data protection laws where your information is transferred and maintained – at the Philippines.
Service Usage and Cookies
When you use our products and services you also willingly and voluntarily consent to the collection and use of information that your browser sends which may include but not limited to the following:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type and version
- Pages of our application that you visit, time and date of your visit
- Diagnostic data
- Cookies, web beacons, small data text files, tags, scripts and similar technologies
These information are collected for the following reasons:
- To ensure that the core functions of the application are optimally available to you
- To be able to generate data needed to improve the application and its features
- Behavioral analytics – to create and offer new products, services and other value added services and to provide a personalized experience for the users based on their preferences and needs
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To be able to monitor the usage of the service
Information We Share
The application may disclose your information in good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the application
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the application
- To protect the personal safety of users of the application or the public
- To protect against legal liability
It is our policy to never share your information with any third-party unless we obtain your consent or are otherwise required or allowed by law to do so. In any case, we will let you know exactly what we are sharing, why, and what basis under the law, apart from consent, we rely on, before we do so.
Protection of Information
We secure and protect your information with appropriate safeguards to ensure confidentiality and privacy, prevent loss, theft, use for unauthorized purposes, and comply with the requirements of the law.
To detect and mitigate evolving threats to information security and data privacy, we have implemented appropriate organizational, physical, and technical controls to protect your information including:
- A dedicated personnel under IT team that manages, monitors, and protects our network and systems from potential risks to your information under fully documented security incident management procedures;
- Contractually mandated confidentiality among our authorized employees, contractors, and other third-parties who may have access to your information;
- IT risk assessment procedures in place to avoid or manage data leakage, unauthorized access or disclosure, and accountability; and
- Access management and controls across Puregold employees, contractors, and other parties under a “need-to-know” standard.
Retention of Information
We only keep your information while you are a customer unless it is necessary to keep such information longer to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or for legitimate business or legal purposes like security, fraud prevention, or financial record-keeping. We have established procedures to securely dispose of files that contain your information.
Deactivation/Deletion of Access and Data
You can delete your account anytime by accessing the “Request for Deletion” option under the “Account” menu inside the application. Using this option, the system will confirm if you want to proceed with the deletion or if you prefer to keep your account.
Confirming the deletion of your account will enable the system to temporarily deactivate your account for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of Request for Deletion. This is to allow you to access/use your account should you change your mind – which will then results to your account being reactivated. After the said period the account shall be automatically deleted from the Cloud server. Upon deletion, its logs are also deleted to ensure that the information will no longer be recovered or retrieved.
Rights of Data Subjects
The company respect and value your rights as a data subject under RA 10173 or the DPA of 2012.
- Right to Be Informed – You have the right to be informed which data we store and process about you an
- Right to Object – You are free to object to the processing and/or sharing of your personal data especially when you feel that we do not have lawful grounds to do so. However, this may result in the termination of your Puregold’s product or service when such data is necessary for its delivery.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – When our collection and processing of your personal data depends on the consent that you provided to us, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time subject to Puregold’s internal procedures. This, however, does not apply to instances where we rely on grounds provided by law, other than consent. Nevertheless, you always have the right to object.
- Right to Access – You have the right to request reasonable access to your personal information subject to Puregold’s internal procedures.
- Right to Data Portability – You can ask us to transmit the information stored about you in a machine-readable format to you or to another responsible person.
- Right to Rectify – If you notice that stored information is incorrect, you can always ask us to correct it.
- Right to Erasure – You can ask us anytime to delete the information we have stored about you.
- Right to Damages – You have the right to be indemnified for damages sustained, if any, due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal information.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. We will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Should you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights or communicate any data privacy related concerns, inquiries or complaints, you may contact the Company’s Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Data Protection Officer
Tabacalera Bldg., 900 Romualdez St.,
Paco, Manila, 1007, Philippines
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +632-8524-4351